Nose: Fresh-cut cinnamon, vanilla, hint of grass. Palate: Balanced sweetness with baking spices, subtle dark chocolate, oak, finish is clean and cinnamon-esque warmth lingers.
The Bivouac, pronounced “be∙voo∙ak,” refers to a temporary camp without a tent or cover. It alludes to a way of travel only meant for those who want to truly immerse themselves in nature. HIRSCH’s, The Bivouac honors those adventurous spirits who are brave enough to take the road less traveled. For its debut, The Bivouac combines two straight bourbons distilled in Bardstown, Kentucky - the world capital of Bourbon. Each bottle features a grid on the back label with exact batch specifications. Our custom mashbill is inspired by A.H. Hirsch Reserve 16-year-old legendary whiskey, providing balance to our make.
- One of the blends is distilled from a mashbill of 74% corn, 18% rye, 8% malted barley
- The second blend is distilled from a high malted barley mash 72% corn, 13% rye, 15% malted barley
- Bottled at 100 proof, to be enjoyed neat or on the rocks
- Small batch releases bottled with every batch
- New American Oak barrels, char #4
Editors' Choice 93 Points
The BivouacWhisky Advocate 2022