Combine Luxardo, BarSol, and tincture. Ice, stir, and strain into chilled coupe. Top with Prosecco. Gently set candied blood orange wheel (thinly sliced) garnish into drink and serve.
* How to Make Castillian Tincture:
• 750 ml Luxardo Grappa Euganea
• 20 g Sliced Blanched Almond
• 2 g Spanish Saffron
• 3 Sliced Madagascan Vanilla Beans
• 3 g Toasted Green Cardamom
• 4 Lemon Peels (pith removed)
• 2 Quartered Dried Pajarero Figs
• 2 Quartered Quartered Medjool Dates
Combine all ingredients, gently agitate twice daily for 14 days. Fine filter and store.
** How to Make Candied Blood Orange Wheels:
• 1 Blood Orange (sliced thin - approx. 10 slices/orange)
• .5 c Natural Sugar
• .25 c Water
• 2 Tbsp Corn Syrup
Combine sugar, water, and corn syrup in shallow saucepan. Slow simmer on low heat approx. 10 min. When thickened mixture begins to cling to sides of pan, add orange slices. Allow to simmer for 5 more min. and remove from hardening syrup. Place slices on parchment-lined oven rack. Air dry overnight, then bake 10 min. at 400°F (or dehydrate them).