The Irishman is the Walsh family’s original whiskey and represents the rebirth of the traditional family-owned provincial whiskey distilling that thrived during the last golden age of Irish Whiskey in the early 1900s. With a focus on quality and attention to detail, Bernard Walsh and his family produce premium and super-premium Irish whiskeys that invoke that golden era of Irish whiskey history. This dedication to the whiskey craft has forged The Irishman range of tripled-distilled whiskeys, whose smooth and warm glow perfectly express the unique Irish spirit of friendship and shared welcome.
The Irishman Founder’s Reserve is the original signature whiskey created by Bernard Walsh. It is a blend of two styles, Single Malt and Single Pot Still. This is unusual in itself for an Irish blended whiskey to contain 100% whiskey distillates from the copper pot still and 0% Grain or Column still whiskey. This results in a much more flavorsome whiskey. 40% ABV
- Nose: Zesty spice, with hints of caramel, black pepper, cinnamon and peaches. A slight hint of vanilla and green apple.
- Taste: Pot Still spice, malt, dark chocolate, bourbon oak, and crème caramel
- Finish: A long and lingering finish with oak and butterscotch
- Double Gold Medal | International Spirits Challenge 2019
- Gold Medal | International Spirits Challenge 2018
- 93 Points | Jim Murray's Whisky Bible 2018
This Irishman Single Malt is one of only a handful of Irish triple distilled single malts on the market. This is a classic Irish Malt, triple distilled and aged in Oak Bourbon and Oloroso Sherry Casks to give exceptional flavor and complexity. Each batch is limited to a maximum of 6,000 bottles. The Irishman Single Malt boasts an impressive medal haul both in Europe and the USA for its outstanding quality. None more so than a Double Gold Medal “The World Spirits Competition” in San Francisco and Whiskey of the Year and Overall Spirit of the Year and the International Spirits Competition in London in 2018. Each bottle carries a batch number and signature as a mark of the highest quality. 40% ABV
- Nose: Ripe and fruity with luscious peach, dried apricot, and tropical fruits. Hints of orange blossom and vanilla fudge.
- Taste: Vanilla sweetness, granola, toasted almonds and honey, a little oak, apricots, and a hint of cocoa.
- Finish: Long lingering finish with a light maltiness and sweet oak.
- Gold Medal | International Spirits Challenge 2018
- Silver Medal | International Spirits Challenge 2018
- Gold Medal | London Spirits Competition 2018
The Irishman prides themselves in continually raising the bar on the quality of Irish Whiskeys released, as well as offering something new and excitingly different. The Irishman 12 Year Old Single Malt delivers on this promise. This outstanding whiskey is the outcome of 12 years maturation in exclusively first fill Bourbon casks. The Irishman 12 Year Old Single Malt is a timeless Irish Malt which is matured in first fill, flame charred Bourbon barrels. Each year we will select only a handful of the best barrels, to make ‘the cut’ for our 12 Year Old. A maximum of 6000 bottles will be produced each year. Each bottle comes numbered by batch as a mark of quality and is non-chill filtered. 43% ABV
- Nose: From the exquisite aroma there is no mistaking the influence of the ex-Bourbon casks with the light sweet spicy notes of vanilla, cinnamon and even a tincture of clove. All balanced with apples and pears, some charred wood and freshly cut hay.
- Taste: The initial sip is a burst of rich flavors, sweet with vanilla delicately bolstered by black peppercorns, reluctantly giving way to a succulent fruity mid-section before slowly fading to leave a very satisfying grassy cereal note.
- Finish: A full body, and the lingering succulent flavor of barley and oak. A touch of creamy dairy fudge and dark chocolate adds to the complexity.
- Gold Medal | New Zealand Spirits Awards 2019
- Gold Medal | Irish Whiskey Awards 2017
- Gold Medal, Best in Class | International Spirits Challenge 2013
After the fall of the golden era of Irish Whiskey, The Irishman was the first to reintroduce Cask Strength Irish whiskeys in 2008. One of the most anticipated releases each year, The Irishman Cask Strength annual vintage is a truly unique and much sought after Irish whiskey. A flavoursome fusion of Single Malt and Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey, triple distilled and aged carefully in the finest select American Oak Casks. Creamy walnut and oak spices marry with hints of stone fruits and nutmeg. Hints of honey blossom and fig delight the palate before giving way to a rich, full-bodied finish. Bottled at 55.2% ABV to showcase this truly exceptional whiskey. 55.2% ABV
- Year Bottled: 2020
- Bottle Quantity: 750
- Gold Medal | International Spirits Challenge 2014
- Gold Medal | Irish Whiskey Awards 2014
- 94.5 Points | Jim Murray's Whisky Bible 2011
Produced in Ireland, this award winning Irish Cream Liqueur is handcrafted using the finest Irish Whiskey, 100% Irish Dairy Cream and natural vanilla flavor with a hint of toffee.
It is a unique tasting, high quality Irish Cream Liqueur which brings together a great tradition of fine quality Irish Dairy production with even finer Irish Whiskey. This is a recreation of the original Irish Cream Liqueurs using the age old recipe.
The fact that cream liqueurs originated in Ireland is no coincidence – since Ireland has a great tradition in producing fine quality dairy products as well as distilling spirits. The combination of both of these two traditions brings us a high quality Irish Cream that has been proven to be the ultimate in luxury, the finest Irish Whiskey blended with real dairy cream. Truly a taste sensation. 17% ABV
- Storage: An unopened bottle lasts about 2 years on average, but this can vary depending on storage conditions – exposure to excessively hot storage conditions can affect the shelf life. Whilst all cream liqueurs are best drunk ‘Young’ and should be consumed within 6 months of opening the bottle, refrigerate after opening.
- Gold Medal | San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2013
- Silver Medal | San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2010